Monday 9 March 2015

This is 40. Well, this year is 40.

I was supposed to be going on a run this morning but British Gas have been round to install loft insulation, plus I have my eldest son off school with a sore throat. It'll have to be a work out this arvo after a friend has been round for a cuppa. I get a bit panicked when my plans have to be changed. It is the same feeling I get when I procrastinate.

As I said in a previous post, I am trying to get fit for me. A lot has to do with self esteem issues. A lot has to do with getting older and fearing death (for some reason I have become more fearful as I've got older. Perhaps it's just because I have kids). I used to joke about being old because I am older than most of the school run mums. It doesn't feel so funny at the moment. This year is a biggie age wise. This year is 40. I actually feel ok with being 40.

I'm not a girly girl. I don't wear make up every day, I bite my fingernails, I prefer jeans and converse to skirts and heels. Goodness, the last time I wore heels I nearly broke a leg. This ageing business though has got me thinking that maybe I should be taking more care of myself.  Perhaps this is another reason that getting fit is more important to me than it has been in the past.

The thing is, I still feel relatively young. I don't feel ready to don the Miss Mary of Sweden. That's why when someone recently called me 'young lady' and someone else immediately said 'young??', It was a bit of a realisation that actually, to that person, that early 20 something year old, I'm not at all young!

ps. do you have FB mates who only ever comment on your status to correct you on something? Really really annoying!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment