Tuesday 3 March 2015

Music to watch the world go by..

Everyone has their favourite tracks to work out or run to. I mean they have CD's specifically marketed for these purposes! They are mostly high energy pop/dance/hip hop or whatever. When I was painfully bored doing exercise DVDs, to the point where I felt if I heard the nagging instructor tell me not to phone it in one more time, I might kick the TV, I turned the volume down and played Johnny Cash.  I have quite eclectic tastes and my list doesn't begin to sum up the kind of musical influences in my life but here is my running list as it currently stands (it's long and I don't shuffle...so ner!):

Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash

A Little Respect - Erasure

All Over the World - ELO

Bicycle Race - Queen

Borderline - Madonna

Cold Day in Hell - Gary Moore

Country Road - James Taylor

Don't Bring me Down - ELO

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

Down with the Trumpets - Rizzle Kicks

Drop the Pilot - Joan Armatrading

Games Without Frontiers - Peter Gabriel

Happy - Pharell Williams

Heart Skips a Beat - Olly Murs

I walk the Line - Johnny Cash

I'm Still Standing - Elton John

Let the River Run - Carly Simon

Like a Prayer - Madonna

Me Myself I - Joan Armatrading

Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello

Rent - Pet Shop Boys

Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash

Rosie - Joan Armatrading

Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel

Something in the way - James Taylor

Take it Easy - Eagles

Voulez Vous - Erasure

Sweet Harmony - Beloved

It's my Life - Bon Jovi

Blaze of Glory - Bon Jovi

Don't Leave me this Way - Communards

Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits

The Boys of Summer - -Don Henley

Turn to Stone - ELO

Is she really going out with him? - Joe Jackson

California - Joni Mitchell

Five Miles Out - Mike Oldfield

Carey - Joni Mitchell

Graceland - Paul Simon

Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

Surfin Bird - Sha Na Na

Sometimes you need a faster beat, sometimes you need music with determination, sometimes I like to sing as I run along... at least people know when I'm coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment