Sunday 7 June 2015

Arrrggggghhh

Today is Sunday and while most sane people were sleeping or chilling in front of the telly in their jammies, nursing a cup of tea and/or hangover; I was at Wynyard woodland walkway aka Castle Eden walkway, attempting to commit hari kari.

Mel and I joined her slimming world members  for a run. They were doing 12 miles and we were attempting to keep them within our sights. A lovely group of people and utterly different to the last group I ran with, which is great.

I've been hating running recently.  I keep asking myself why I'm putting myself through this torture. At the moment that is what it feels like! Today was no different. We did a really good long run but at stages I felt ill, physically sick,  light headed,  tight chested and generally at deaths door. Burning tummy (hence the hari kari reference), chest which didn't open up when it usually does and leg ache. I kind of thought that I would feel better having gone back to meat, and while I suppose I must given the distance we covered,  I still felt just dreadful.

Bless Mel, she's such a trouper.  So positive and determined. I feel like a complete misery in comparison. 

Still,  14km. That is getting near Great North Run length. We just need to do it more than once a week, even if it's not that length each time. Tomorrow I'm starting the Insanity programme and there is a boot camp at the barrage on an evening I might go to. I really need to work my core.
My back started hurting towards the end of the run today. Toenails as well.  Need to get a bum bag!
I ran with MapMyRun! Distance: 14.46km, time: 02:19:00, pace: 9:37min/km, speed: 6.24km/h. http://mapmyrun.com/workout/1017999335

No comments:

Post a Comment