Friday 8 May 2015

A short pause!

So last week we did 10KM. Amazing! So proud! 

This week however I've had to take a break. My back has been troublesome for years ever since I done it in trying to remove a tree stump from my garden. I didn't go to the doctors as I just thought I'd torn muscles, but I was laid up in bed for a week and had to use a stick to help me walk the few metres to the bathroom. 

So I've been having trouble recently, especially after a run, and my friend suggests a Sports Physiotherapist she uses for her dodgy back. I went to see him yesterday and he asked me a lot of questions, done some tests and it seems I may have slipped a disc all those years ago. Explains why ever since then I have had back issues, sciatica and tight muscles. 

After some vertebrae compressions and a deep tissue massage, which was uncomfortable to say the least, I went away with an exercise regime and feeling fab! 

Started to feel less fab the more the day went on and by evening I was relying on heat pads to ease my sore muscles. 

Today I am bruised and sore but hopeful that I will get back to running next week. In the meantime I'll be exercising gently and working on my core.

At least I have an answer now and can start to recover. I'm going back to see him in 4 weeks time. 

Mel, love her, made me up a soothing lavender oil to help ease my back. I have lovely friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment