Tuesday 14 April 2015

Knock back. Or should I say, reality check.

Last night I tried out a 3 mile running group local to me. Boy did I struggle. Everyone else was faster than me and I just haven't got the stamina to keep going. It was highly humiliation, very depressing and demoralising.  One of the girls even wrote on the website this morning that she had never done so many loop backs. it was even suggested by one of the ladies that I should do the beginners couch to 5k course the instructor runs. I don't think they believed that I do run. I felt so exhausted. I don't know whether it was because it was an evening and I always run in the mornings or because i was run down (I had the shakes all day. Not sure what that was about).  So i was terrible and people did a lot of talking and whispering. I'm sure all meant kindly or sympathetically but it really affected me and i was really down last night and very tearful this morning. I even cancelled going to see a friend due to spontaneous bouts of hysterics.  However,  since then I have, in a panic that I'd never be able to do a half marathon,  found a few sites which offer reassurance.  So anyway, here is my run last night. Read it and weep! I ran with MapMyRun! Distance: 4.85km, time: 50:19, pace: 10:23min/km, speed: 5.78km/h. http://mapmyrun.com/workout/942434387

No comments:

Post a Comment