Monday 31 August 2015

A positive push

A week on since I went to the physio and I'm due back on Thursday. I am still getting a lot of pain in my shins so really need to concentrate on the exercises she gave me. To be honest, after I realised I couldn't do the run, I decided there wasn't any point in doing them. I'm missing running now though and really want to get back into it.

I think because I have felt such a lack of control over my life recently, I have decided to gain some back. So next week I'm doing something about my weight and therefore my self esteem. I was due to go out with the girls this Saturday just gone but declined on this occasion. The reason was because my lovely Step-Dad has been staying (and still is) so I felt it would be rude to leave for a night, but also, a big part of it was how I feel in my skin. I am totally not confident in myself and I've taken a hit since this leg issue. Also I felt I couldn't face anyone after cancelling my participation in the race as I feel guilt about it. I feel like I know I can't do it, but that people won't believe me and I feel I need to justify it which sounds like excuses to people. Does that make sense? So anyway, I've decided I need to take back control. I'm going back on the Cambridge Plan. I have had great results with it in the past. I lost and maintained the first round. The second time I done it, I had a consultant with no real interest in helping or advising. I really need that. I need the motivation and encouragement. I hope I have found the right person this time!

I'm looking forward to a new chapter in my life. I really want it. I want to feel better in myself and healthier. Wish me luck..or just send positive vibes. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment